Parrésia Books will consider submissions in the following categories:
- General and literary fiction
- Creative non-fiction
- Short stories
- Historical fiction
Parrésia Books (the traditional imprint of Parrésia Publishers Ltd) accepts manuscripts ONLY within its submission window from 1st April to 30th June annually.
- Religious fiction
- Science fiction
If you feel your manuscript suites our guidelines, please send us the following:
The first three (3) chapters. Please do not send the entire manuscript at this stage.
A comprehensive synopsis of the plot. (If your work is creative non-fiction the same should apply) .
Please make sure the synopsis is not more than one (1) page long. We will not be able to review your manuscript without a synopsis.
Short author biography.
Your email should please be accompanied by a short introduction.
My name is Kwashie, I hereby submit my 200,000-word
Please find the first three chapters and the synopsis attached.
- Manuscripts must be typed. We do not accept handwrittensubmissions.
- Please make sure that manuscripts do not have the printing functionality disabled.
- If watermarks are included, please ensure that the text behind the watermark is legible; and, most importantly, files MUST be sent in PDF or Microsoft Word formats (we will not accept files saved in WordPad or sent via links to a website).
- Please do not paste or type your submission in the body of an email.
Owing to the volume of submissions we receive, the initial screening process may in some instances take up to six weeks. It can take up to six months to assess your manuscript.
Please ensure that your submission adheres to these guidelines.
Submissions that do not comply with the guidelines stipulated above will not be considered for publication.